How to Pass Exams and Achieve Exam Success
Do you think you know how to pass exams and reach your true potential exam success? From the experiences of marking thousands of exam papers, and sitting rather more than I care to remember, I’ve realized that few people really know how to pass exams and achieve the degree of exam success of which they are capable. I’ve seen plenty of students make all the same mistakes I did, and invent quite a few that never occurred to me!
Mistakes that are quite avoidable if you know about them in advance and prepare yourself well.
It sometimes seems as though people are expected, as if by some magic, to know just how to approach revision and exam techniques. They are taught their subjects: mathematics, English, history, science or whatever, but not when to revise, how to revise, how to prepare for exams or what techniques to use in exams. Often students are given few exam tips or guidelines for achieving exam success. Work hard and you’ll get there simply doesn’t cut it! Work hard at doing what?
And yet exams influence so much of our lives, and so much importance is placed on them! Exams pervade our lives: at school, college or university. At work, and sometimes even in our hobbies and pass-times! Exam success can be like a magic potion for getting into college or university, or luring employers into taking you on, or giving you a promotion.
That anything as important as exams should be left to chance is amazing, and certainly not a good idea! Do not leave your future to chance: learn what to do.
As an experienced author, teacher and examiner I can give you help in learning how to achieve exam success. I’ve been through a ton of exams myself, at school, university, through the Open University and also through other distance learning courses. My last two results were both distinctions, but at school I had little clue of how I ought to be revising, or approaching my exams!
Start by reading these exam tips below, and think about how they compare with what you do, or are planning to do, look at the resources below for some much more comprehensive advice on revision and exam technique.
- Verified AI-900 PDF Dumps – AI-900 Exam Dumps  To Know the Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Questions
- Top-quality 8002 PDF Dumps – 8002 Exam Dumps  To Know the Exam II: Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement Questions
- Authentic 352-001 PDF Dumps – 352-001 Exam Dumps  To Understand the CCDE Written Exam (v2.1) Questions
- Looking for Top-quality 300-635 PDF Dumps – 300-635 Exam Dumps  Questions?
- Amazing 7765X PDF Dumps – 7765X Exam Dumps  Offered by TestCollections
- Amazing 350-801 PDF Dumps – 350-801 Exam Dumps  Very Easy Way to Pass Exam Questions
- High-quality 76940X PDF Dumps – 76940X Exam Dumps  Offered by TestCollections
- Authentic AI-100 PDF Dumps – AI-100 Exam Dumps  Simple Way to Pass Exam Questions
- Looking for Top-quality 300-710 PDF Dumps – 300-710 Exam Dumps  Questions?
- Looking for Real 77-731 PDF Dumps – 77-731 Exam Dumps  Questions?
- Verified 200-301 PDF Dumps – 200-301 Exam Dumps  Offered by TestCollections
- Looking for Amazing 350-901 PDF Dumps – 350-901 Exam Dumps  Questions?
- Top-quality 77-727 PDF Dumps – 77-727 Exam Dumps  To Understand the Excel 2016: Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation Questions
- Authentic Apigee-API-Engineer PDF Dumps – Apigee-API-Engineer Exam Dumps  To Understand the Google Cloud – Apigee Certified API Engineer Questions
- High-quality 72300X PDF Dumps – 72300X Exam Dumps  Easy Way to Pass Exam Questions
Well before the exam:
- If you’re struggling with your study tell your teacher without delay.
- Know what the format of your exams will be.
- Obtain copies of past and/or sample exam papers as early as possible.
- Check what tools you’ll use in your exam and learn to use them.
- If you have any special needs take advice about making arrangements for these.
Throughout your course:
- Start your revision as soon as possible. Read around your subject. Revise regularly and test yourself regularly. Use a revision timetable.
- Revise subjects you’re less keen on at least as much as those you like.
- Revise in an atmosphere conducive to study.
- Compile revision summaries and use them to help you answer exam questions.
- Practice answering questions with and then without your notes, then to time.
- Take an active approach to learning. Use whatever memory tricks work for you.
- Lots of short sessions are much better than few marathon ones! Research shows that about 40-45 minutes is optimal, after which you should take a break before starting the next session.
When you need motivation:
- Remember why you’re doing your exams and that your study won’t last forever.
- Keep a record of the revision you do, for when you need cheering up.
Specific exam types:
- If you’re allowed to take texts into the exam (open book) become familiar with them before the exam.
- Use a “cover-up” strategy when answering multiple-choice questions: cover the answers up and then read the question. This way if you know the answer you won’t have the alternatives there to confuse you!
- Answers to short answer questions should be brief and succinct.
- Essays should be a continuous piece of prose, with an introduction, main body and conclusion.
- Show your reasoning and workings when doing problems and calculations.
- If you’re taking a practical exam find out exactly what’s going to be assessed and how. Practice your skills, aiming to become as proficient as possible.