Special Education Reform?
I remember 20 plus years ago when I was getting my graduate degree in Special Education and a buddy of mine getting his degree in elementary education told me that his father, a school principal, said that I probably shouldn’t waste my time getting a masters in Special Education. He said that Special Education would be eventually fading out of public education. I was almost done with my masters at this point so I figured I would have to take my chances with it, besides what other choice did I have anyways at that point?
- Approved CAU302 Exam Dumps – CAU302 PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
- Authentic BA15 Exam Dumps – BA15 PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Approved C1000-010 Exam Dumps – C1000-010 PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Genuine 300-630 Exam Dumps – 300-630 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Authentic BLOCKCHAINF Exam Dumps – BLOCKCHAINF PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Authentic 71300X Exam Dumps – 71300X PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Support
- Free 72200X Exam Dumps – 72200X PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Genuine ASIS-CPP Exam Dumps – ASIS-CPP PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Support
- Authentic C_BW4HANA_24 Exam Dumps – C_BW4HANA_24 PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Support
- Free C1000-047 Exam Dumps – C1000-047 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Authentic 18 Exam Dumps – 18 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Free 1Z0-071 Exam Dumps – 1Z0-071 PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Service
- Authentic Apigee-API-Engineer Exam Dumps – Apigee-API-Engineer PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Free AZ-900 Exam Dumps – AZ-900 PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
- Authentic C_CPE_12 Exam Dumps – C_CPE_12 PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
I got a Special Education job and taught for about 10 year. There were a lot of ups and downs over those 10 years, and eventually I decided that I wanted a change so I got certified and switched over to high school history. At this point in my career I remembered what my friend had said a decade ago and wondered if I was ahead of the curve on schools no longer needing special education teachers, even though it was 10 years later. I wondered if my job was now safe in my new-found home in the history department.
Well, I loved teaching history, but life has its own funny ways that aren’t aligned to us and what we want, so after a decade of teaching history I personally got a first class education on budget cuts and my job was eliminated. Thankfully, I landed on my feet back in Special Education, believe it or not.
It had been more than two decades since my old graduate school buddy told me that the need for special education teachers was disappearing. During the previous two decades my friend had gone from graduate school to elementary school teacher to assistant principal to principal, just like his father had done. I had gone from graduate school to special education teacher to history teacher to back to special education teacher, like nobody else that I know had done. And believe it or not there was still a bunch of special education jobs available when I landed there for a second time. As a matter of fact, there was actually plenty of jobs there because there is a shortage of special education teachers in 49 out of our 50 states. Imagine that… Two decades after I was told that Special Education was going away, and I find that they still can’t seem to get enough special education teachers.