Whither Education – An Apathy
Even after half-a-century of Indian Independence, the fate of education, educators and students has hardly improved. The apathy of the power that be, including a large section of society, has not changed when it comes to human resource development and education. Even now there are more than four crore educated unemployed youths in India.
India boasts of being world’s third knowledge power but effectively this is the lowest when judged against per thousand-population base. Societal degradation, inflicted by political might, is reflected in educational institutions across India. Aberrations have become the rule on campuses that are infested with self-seekers and politicians.
Democratization of higher educational institutions, though a noble concept, has in the past 20 years turned campuses into a cauldron of stinking filth. These are managed by affiliations charged with little regard for excellence, honesty and intellectual probity. Unethical and politically-motivated decisions serve a few and are reflections of societal catharsis.
Geographic India consolidated into a polity by the British has muted into conglomerations of politically charged, disjointed entities and facsimiles of democratic degradation. The classic conservative yearning for an ordered polity and commensurate pursuit of knowledge on the campuses are missing. Whichever brand rules the country, this section of society commands no respect now. May it be students or teachers they don’t have a voice, they don’t constitute an essential service and education is not a national necessity. Being a state subject, educational policies suffer from innumerable deformities.
- Free AZ-220 Exam Dumps – AZ-220 PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Free 300-820 Exam Dumps – 300-820 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Free CFA-Level-III Exam Dumps – CFA-Level-III PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
- Approved 500-490 Exam Dumps – 500-490 PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Genuine CRT-450 Exam Dumps – CRT-450 PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
- Authentic AWS-Certified-Cloud-Practitioner Exam Dumps – AWS-Certified-Cloud-Practitioner PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Approved B2B-Commerce-Administrator Exam Dumps – B2B-Commerce-Administrator PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Support
- Approved 101-500 Exam Dumps – 101-500 PDF Dumps  With Quality Customer Support
- Genuine 1Z0-432 Exam Dumps – 1Z0-432 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- New 1Z0-344 Exam Dumps – 1Z0-344 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Genuine AWS-Solution-Architect-Associate Exam Dumps – AWS-Solution-Architect-Associate PDF Dumps  With Free Demo Download
- Genuine 76940X Exam Dumps – 76940X PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- Authentic ACA-Sec1 Exam Dumps – ACA-Sec1 PDF Dumps  For Better Exam Prep
- Authentic 020-222 Exam Dumps – 020-222 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
- New APM-001 Exam Dumps – APM-001 PDF Dumps  Perfect Choice Before Exam
Though it is a constitutional obligation, the non-availability of funds and vested administrative setup have led to the mushrooming of universities, fake campuses, private enterprises and numerous makeshift centers of education as also fly-by-air foreign campuses. It has proved to be a great financial endeavor with hardly any risk involved because it does not come under VAT or any other financial constraints. India has by now more institutions of such type than colleges, an excellent opportunity to rope in knowledge seeking youth and those who desire to fly off to greener pastures.
When it comes to the formulation of policies about higher education, structuring the system, financial assistance, grants and salary, the statutory body-University Grants Commission-is mentioned like a sacred cow worshipped as well as butchered in the streets. How far the UGC is autonomous is a common knowledge. It has become a post office, a government organization, disbursing petty grants, sanctioned by the Central Government, among universities or institutions with a number of tags attached to them depending upon the status of the recipient institutions, state, Central, autonomous or deemed universities. There is a perpetual complaint about the non-availability of funds. The administration should appreciate that the jumbo cabinet and expenditure on legislatures could be cut down to feed and educate a few villages. The teacher wants to be a ladder upon which students could climb and scale new heights.
The Central and state governments invoke ESMA to curb the voice of agitating people, but it takes no time to give benefits to politicians and bureaucrats. It is essential to please them so that a symbiotic balance is maintained as also to oblige a few of them. The government has failed to take effective steps to curb industrialization of education. Within hours the doles given in Parliament and honorarium were doubled but the 6 per cent expenditure of the GDP on education has proved to be dogma persisting right from the Kothari Commission recommendations for over four decades now.