Top Places to Visit in Menorca
When planning a trip to Menorca, villa holidays have many obvious attractions – including the chance to define your own itinerary for exploring this beautiful island.
Here are a few ideas for places to visit while you’re there – though they’re certainly not in any priority order.
This is the island’s compact and very atmospheric capital. Closely associated with the Royal Navy as a base for about a century, today it’s a chic and charming town with lots to see and do. Check out some of the old British Georgian architecture buildings, the quaint harbour, the great museum and the gin factory. The latter serves a taste for gin the islanders developed courtesy of the British days in Menorca. Villa holidays will allow you to plan a day trip to this lovely town, and perhaps even return several times.
- Genuine CAMS Dumps PDF Questions – Unlock Professional Advancement Chances 
- Best 1K0-001 Dumps PDF Questions – Unlock Professional Advancement Chances 
- Get Prepared with New CISMP-V9 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Prepare with Premium 3V0-42.20 Dumps PDF Questions for Greater Career in IT 
- Get Achievement with New 050-733 Dumps PDF Questions In First Attempt 
- Get Achievement with New ASD01 Dumps PDF Questions In 1st Attempt 
- Get Achievement with New 1Z0-068 Dumps PDF Questions In 1st Attempt 
- Prepare with Premium CRT-160 Dumps PDF Questions for Far Better Career in IT 
- Get 100% Passing Guarantee with Genuine CSSBB Dumps PDF Questions 
- Best CPIM-ECO Dumps PDF Questions – Leading Source To the Achievement 
- Prepare with Genuine 250-556 Dumps PDF Questions for Much Better Career in IT 
- Get 100% Passing Assurance with Premium CWSP-206 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Get Ready with New CAPM Dumps PDF Questions 
- Get 100% Passing Guarantee with Premium 98-383 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Why Genuine 1Z0-497 Dumps PDF Questions Are Excellent Choice? 
This was the original ancient capital before the British moved the title to Mahon due to the latter’s superb harbour. Ciutadella has a much more Spanish and Moorish feeling to its architecture than Mahon. You can explore its very picturesque, narrow winding streets and many boutiques, cafés and bars. Try to visit the 14th century cathedral (built on the site of a mosque), The Plaça d’es Born, with its 19th century grace, and the Carrer Ses Voltes for some interesting and up-market shopping.
3. Monte Toro
As mountains go this isn’t a lot to speak of, being only about 1100 feet high, but from the top the views over the island are superb. You can turn on a circle and see the entire island from coast to coast. Given that on your Menorca villa holidays you’ll probably have use of a hire car anyway, this trip is easy and well worthwhile.
4. The glass bottom boat trip from Mahon
Now before you groan at the touristy nature of this, give it the benefit of the doubt. Yes, you can get this sort of trip all over the Med, but the one from Mahon is particularly interesting.
5. Cales Coves
Apart from being a great coastal location, the cliffs contain around 100 ancient dwellings that were carved into them. In the same local area you can see ancient cave paintings and further archaeological remains from pre-history.
This is a very pretty little village and beach resort with white-washed houses. The beach is small but very beautiful. Some will tell you this is the best beach on the island but, of course, that’s open to huge and controversial debate. What isn’t is that the beach bar here claims to be the only one on the island where you can sit and take your drink while your feet are in the sea!