What to Expect When You Step Foot in Museum Picasso, Barcelona
The Picasso Museum is housed in a historic building in Carrer Montcada, the famous street where the wealthier Catalan families of the 9th century lived. It is one of the most important world collections of the artist, that focuses on his youth and his artistic training. You will admire among others “Harlequin”, “Margot” and “El Loco”.
The Picasso Museum presents more than 3,500 works of art by Pablo Ruiz Picasso: paintings, drawings, sculptures and ceramics, from his first child sketches to some of his most important Cubist masterpieces. Learn more about Picasso’s life and his artistic evolution. The museum will be of interest to both children and art lovers, especially because of the artist’s colorful works and early childhood sketches.
Picasso is born in the south of Spain, he moved to Barcelona with his family when he was young. This influential artist studied and maintained a close relationship with his adopted city until his death in 1973. Picasso and his private secretary and close friend Jaume Sabartes favored the establishment of the first museum dedicated to this artist’s works in Barcelona.
- Get Prepared with Premium 500-440 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Prepare with Premium CPA-Auditing Dumps PDF Questions for Far Better Career in IT 
- Get 100% Passing Guarantee with Perfect C2150-609 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Genuine 1Z0-521 Dumps PDF Questions – Top Source For the Success 
- Prepare with Genuine 176 Dumps PDF Questions for Greater Career in IT 
- Get Prepared with Genuine AZ-104 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Get Ready with New 98-349 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Get Success with New C_HANAIMP_16 Dumps PDF Questions In 1st Attempt 
- Get 100% Passing Assurance with Genuine B2C-Commerce-Developer Dumps PDF Questions 
- Genuine 1Z0-343 Dumps PDF Questions – Top Source For the Achievement 
- Get Prepared with Perfect 500-275 Dumps PDF Questions 
- Get Achievement with Premium 1Z0-511 Dumps PDF Questions In Very First Try 
- Why New 3V0-732 Dumps PDF Questions Are Perfect Decision? 
- Perfect A00-250 Dumps PDF Questions – Major Source To the Good Results 
- Best AD0-E102 Dumps PDF Questions – Unlock Career Advancement Chances 
The Picasso Museum’s collection are divided into five Gothic-style palaces in the lively district of the old town. Some of these buildings date from the 13th century and are interconnected. The permanent collection is presented in chronological order: the room near the entrance of the museum exhibiting photographs, drawings and sketches of the still child artist. You’ll also find his biography inhere. After that you’ll follow him to Paris in 1900 and 1901, in his blue period that lasted until 1904. The four rooms are occupied by Las Meninas a series of 58 paintings painted in 1957, which takes the famous painting of the same name realized by Diego Velázquez. Picasso donated this series of paintings to the museum in memory of his friend and poet Jaume Sabartés.
Other important works are also unavoidable, such as Portrait of the Artist’s Father (1896), First Communion (1896) and The Embrace (1900).
Of course, you cannot see all the works at once, because the Picasso Museum can only present three to four hundred works at a time. But that’s enough! If you like to take your time, count two hours to visit all four levels. But you can also offer your toddlers a beautiful one hour cultural walk.
The museum’s gift shop offers various illustrated books and postcards.
The museum is closed on Mondays. Admission is free after 3 pm on Sunday, and all day on the first Sunday of the month. Get yourself, for a few euros, an audio-guide that comments on the main works on display. Guided tours are offered in Catalan, Castilian and English on Sundays. Three metro stations are located near the museum.