10 Risks of Outsourcing
Queuing with any other business relationship between at least two actors, outsourcing is anything else than a risk-free endeavour. Although it might lead to numerous, lucrative benefits, buyers and providers should be aware of possible shortcomings and pitfalls, which to their worst extend ruined whole businesses. This article explains the 10 most frequently occurring risks in outsourcing engagements.
Managerial Challenges: Already before and during an outsourcing engagement, managers have to meet the challenges of finding a reliable offshore partner and effectively coordinating as well as monitoring the cooperation with the offshore company.
Loss of Quality: The quality of the development processes as well as resulting services received from an offshore partner might be lower as if they would have been developed in-house. Reasons for missing out on high quality are often connected to poor service provision. Nevertheless, clients should keep in mind that expectations might be relative and should be realistic from the start.
Hidden Costs: Unexpected expenditures occur due to the impossibility to quantify costs. It is further challenging to precisely determine impacts of change or failure on cost aspects. Hidden costs are caused intentionally by fraud activity and unintentionally by miscalculations due to inexperience. Sometimes additional costs depend on unforeseen external factors as for instance the events on September 9/11 or disastrous health epidemics such as the H1N1 influenza.
Geographic Discrepancies: Outsourcing relationships often involve partners from geographically very diverse parts of the world. Risks due to such discrepancies are errors due to language problems, time zone differences or unbridgeable cultural gaps.
- Ace Your Exam with Remarkable DES-6322 Exam Dumps  – DES-6322 PDF Dumps (Questions Bank)
- Get Good Grades with Advanced H13-311_V3.0 Exam Dumps  – H13-311_V3.0 PDF Dumps (Question Bank)
- Use Advanced TA12 Exam Dumps  – TA12 PDF Dumps for Passing ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Advanced Level- Test Analyst (2012) Questions with Ease
- Prepare Yourself with Brilliant DES-5221 Exam Dumps  – DES-5221 PDF Dumps Specialist – Implementation Engineer-Data Center Networking Question Bank
- Use Advanced SPLK-3001 Exam Dumps  – SPLK-3001 PDF Dumps with 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Use Real Advanced MB-210 Exam Dumps  – MB-210 PDF Dumps for 100% Results
- How Can Real NCP-DS Exam Dumps  – NCP-DS PDF Dumps Help to Get Brilliant Results?
- When Required Best Results Use Remarkable Field-Service-Consultant Exam Dumps  – Field-Service-Consultant PDF Dumps
- Why Suggested MD-101 Exam Dumps  – MD-101 PDF Dumps Are the Best Way to Pass Microsoft Managing Modern Desktops Exam?
- Get Good Grades with Suggested DP-300 Exam Dumps  – DP-300 PDF Dumps (Question Bank)
- Prepare Yourself with Real SPLK-2001 Exam Dumps  – SPLK-2001 PDF Dumps Splunk Certified Developer Question Bank
- Use Real NS0-603 Exam Dumps  – NS0-603 PDF Dumps for Passing NetApp Certified Hybrid Cloud – Architect Questions with Ease
- Get Good Grades with Suggested Experience-Cloud-Consultant Exam Dumps  – Experience-Cloud-Consultant PDF Dumps (Question Bank)
- Why Advanced E_HANAAW_17 Exam Dumps  – E_HANAAW_17 PDF Dumps Are the Best Way to Pass SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0 Exam?
- Use Real E20-526 Exam Dumps  – E20-526 PDF Dumps for Passing XtremIO Solutions and Design Specialist Exam for Technology Architects Questions with Ease
Communication Failures: Errors of communication might occur during development processes especially as interaction is constantly mediated due often vast geographical distances.
Lack of Expertise: It might occur that the offshore partner does lack significant skills for the project he is allocated with. This is an error that might have significant impact on the quality of the end-product.
Loss of skills/knowledge: Once business processes are successfully outsourced to an offshore partner, they are unlikely to move back in-house. This might lead to a loss of essential business knowledge and skills on side of the internal staff. In case the in-house team does not stay to be up-to-date it will be less equipped for future negotiations.
Over dependence: Over dependence on a third party organization is closely related to the foregoing point. Although outsourcing ideally lead to long-term business relationships from which buyers and suppliers benefit, there should not occur interdependence especially because the strategic direction of one party might change during long lasting business relationships.
Data Security Threats: The security of a company’s data is an issue of priority. Every business executive must primarily secure a company’s confidential and sensitive info before entering any business engagement. This major objective becomes especially challenging with a third party service provider who does not operate under the same business laws and regulations.
Loss of Control: The benefit of redistributing operational activities might go hand in hand with a loss of control due to different business goals of the own in-house staff and the offshore provider. Different working ethics, mission understandings and levels of commitment might be mentioned as reasons.